Matthew Stead, known locally as the Ukulele Man of Ross, is a full time ukulele tutor and performer. Having taught many hundreds of students over the years, Matthew has amassed a wealth of experience and is able to pass on his knowledge with enthusiasm and expertise.
DBS checked and RGT Registered, he is able to tutor students and submit them for their Ukulele Grades. These are accredited and even offer UCAS points.
Matthew teaches over 50 students every week, spreading a love of the ukulele and music, locally and beyond.
Here are a few of Matthew’s achievements:
- He makes music accessible and exciting for everyone and teach all levels and ages. As well as at the Uke Room he teaches at John Kyrle High School in Ross as well as at uke events globally.
- Matthew has written pieces for the RGT Ukulele Grades (the globally recognised grading system for ukulele.)
- His latest pupil to take Grade One achieved an incredible 95% Pass with Distinction.
- Steven Sproat, one of the UKs most well known ukulele performers (he taught Frank Skinner how to play and is the author of top selling ukulele tuition books) named Matthew in his Absolute Admiration section in the latest edition of National Uke Magazine.
- Matthew’s last two ukulele albums received much acclaim and have led to performances at the award winning Grand Northern Ukulele Festival, The Ukulele Festival of Great Britain and The Ukulele Festival of Scotland as well as many others. His music has been played globally and on Radio One in the UK.
- Matthew has led workshops at ukulele clubs throughout the UK and at festivals including The Grand Northern Ukulele Festival and Parbulele.
To read more about his performances and recordings please visit his artist page at: the-wend.com